CET designers can now share their projects with Sales via The KiSP Extension for CET.
To start, The KiSP Extension for CET Designer must be installed. Click here to view the article: How to install The KiSP Extension for CET Designer.
An active KITS Mobile or KITS XRPro license is required by the project share recipient. KITS version v2.8.34 or later must also be installed. Click here to view the article: Installing The The KITS collaborator [WIN10]
To use the CET to KITS Project Share, you will first need to open your CET project.
Please Note: that the CET to KITS Project share is only available for Windows Users, the IOS version will be out in late Fall 2022.
There are important considerations to make before sharing your CET project to KITS:
- Remove the zero point if inserted in the CET project. Simply select it and delete.
- Refresh calculation view to ensure complete specifications and proper pricing.
- Validate all specifications have been applied to the furniture and are completed.
- Validate all pricing in CET is correct. KITS may indicate a pricing discrepancy against the CET price after import. CET pricing will be preserved in the project share and should be considered to be the final project pricing.
- Remove all unnecessary items from the project like project texts, symbols and dimensions, additional models in the background of the project, and any CET help lines.
- Turn off Manufacturer Extension Validation symbols if available in the manufacturer extension.
- Unknown object boxes will appear in the KITS scene as a grey box.
- Deselect CET native ceiling in the architecture tab.
- Deselect CET native flooring in the architecture tab.
- Maximum file size allowed in project share is 500mb. If exceeded, a warning window will prompt in KITS.
Once considerations are complete, continue by clicking on the KiSP Extension for CET Designer and follow with clicking on Create Link to start the project share.
Select Send my CET Project to The KITS collaborator and then click on Create a Link Now.
[ In this project, Architectural is checked off to include the architectural elements from the CET project in the project share ]
A CET window will open. Click on Continue to proceed.
Export process will begin to initialize. Once complete, a new window will open, enter the recipient’s email address and add any comments if necessary. The email address entered has to be registered as a KITS user.
Project share will progress and a final CET window will open indicating Upload complete. Click Done to finish the project share.
If you enter an email address that isn’t a registered KITS user, you will receive a an error message.
Did you know? You can project share the base CAD floor plan if available in CET to KITS to collaborate with your client and explore possible solutions
The KITS user will receive an email of the CET project share. Open the email then click on the link to continue sharing the project to KITS.
Your browser will navigate to a new window confirming that the share has been accepted.
Open KITS. Click on the Notification Bell and click Sync Now Projects to begin the sync.
The project will appear in the Project Thumbnail Gallery. Click on the project to open.
[ Did you know? You can click on the Sync link to the Catalog Subscription Screen to refresh your KITS account of any new updates available like a project share ]
Just below the project name in the navigation bar, you will see a Warning. You can click on the X at the end of the line to remove it from the scene builder.
In Project Settings, you can view the Project Share Info.
The project is now ready and you can begin to collaborate and present the project to your client.